Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Therapy Master Class
Certificate for Specialised Rehabilitation Programme for Management of Tinnitus, Hyperacusis and Misophonia based on CBT
Study anywhere, anytime.
Course duration: 12 months
About the course
This course is designed for those who wish to pursue a career as an advanced practitioner in providing a specialised rehabilitation programme based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for children and adults experiencing tinnitus disorder, hyperacusis and misophonia. Students will gain a wider spectrum of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills with regard to tinnitus and hyperacusis/misophonia rehabilitation. This course will outline psychometric assessment, appropriate referrals to ENT and mental health, evidence-based practice, application of specialist CBT in tinnitus, hyperacusis & misophonia rehabilitation, service development, telehealth and iCBT.
Once enrolled in the programme
- You will have immediate access to 12 course modules comprising recorded lectures, multiple demonstrations of therapy sessions (recorded role plays) plus open access to handouts, worksheets, assessment and clinical management tools. Study anywhere, anytime!
- You will join a live student induction session depending on the date that you enrolled in the programme. There are four induction sessions per year at April, July, October, or January.
- You will also join live group clinical supervision sessions which are planned for the first Wednesday of each month (6 pm UK time).
- Throughout this 12 month training course, you will see 26 hours of recorded lectures and clinical demonstrations, take part in 18 hours of live group supervision sessions, practice in small groups of peers, complete multiple choice tests, and submit your assessment portfolio.
- On completion of the course, students will be awarded with a Certificate for Specialised Rehabilitation Programme for Management of Tinnitus, Hyperacusis and Misophonia based on CBT.
- Join a global network of colleagues with the same interest in helping patients with tinnitus and hyperacusis/misophonia from around the world.
- You will be supported by the course team from registration to certification.
- Study flexibly and whenever/wherever you like alongside your job and other commitments.
Excellent Course. This course has given Audiologists the extra tools to be able to help and manage Tinnitus patients much better and also introduce more services that can be provided to our clients. All the material presented is evidence based which gives it more professionalism and makes it worth doing. I would definitely recommend it.
Well thought out course with so much information. I am looking forward to the monthly meetings to learn even more and improve on my own skills!
Very well considered course with amazing practical rational and support for anyone looking to enhance their tinnitus treatment skills
After an in-depth introduction on hearing, tinnitus and hyperacusis, the remainder of the course focused on how to benefit from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to treat patients with tinnitus, hyperacusis or misophonia problems
Hashir delivered the most excellent CBT course for tinnitus, hyperacusis and misophonia. I really appreciate the time he invested in creating this course and his expertise shows fantastically in this course.
Excellent course on Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for tinnitus, hyperacusis and misophonia. The concepts were explained very clearly with interactive sessions.
Great masterclass on CBT principles in theory and practice for patients with tinnitus, hyperacusis or misophonia. I look forward to start applying this in the hospital!
This is an ideal masterclass for practitioners willing to offer their services to patients with tinnitus and hyperacusis. Hashir and his team were very dedicated and helped with many questions from the audience.
Five Star Review!
To learn more about Hashir’s research and clinical experienceClick here
Feedback from the Participants
“Very informative course, I felt the course exceeded my expectations!”
Student from UK
“The practice-centred nature of the sessions gave ample opportunities to develop skills step-by-step as they were taught. I felt challenged at each stage, but the collaborative nature of the of the role play sessions felt very rewarding and productive.”
Student from USA
“This course radically changed how I view tinnitus and hyperacusis management. It revealed the psychological underpinning of tinnitus/hyperacusis distress and provided a structure approach in dealing with this distress and its effects.”
Student from South Africa
This course is suitable for
- Hearing therapists
- Hearing aid dispensers
- Speech and language therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Teachers of the deaf